1) Go to your start menu and type “assistance” in the search box (see below).
2) Windows will find the Windows Remote Assistance program.
Select that program.
3) You will now have 2 choices, ask for assistance or offer assistance.
Choose the second choice “Help someone who has invited you” (Doesn’t matter that no one has invited you.)
4) On this screen click the link, “Advanced connection option for help desk”.
5) Now you can type in a computer name or ip address (and it will keep a history of what you previously entered).
6) Click Next and it will start a remote assistance session.