So if you want to make sure your clients can use the Excel add-in.
Here are the prerequisites for the add-in (from the Deploying PerformancePoint white paper).
All client computers require the following software before PerformancePoint Add-in for Excel can be installed:
· Windows Vista, Windows XP with Service Pack 2, or Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1
· Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Service Pack 1 or Office Excel 2007
· Office Excel 2003 Primary Interop Assembly (.NET Programmability Support)
· The Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0.50727.42 or later.
To enable Export to Excel functionality or Export to PowerPoint functionality in Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007, you must install the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0 on the computer where these commands are executed.
· Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0
Be sure that you have Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0 installed before installing OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services 9.0.
· Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OLAP Services 9.0 Service Pack 2
· Microsoft ADOMD.NET 9.0 Service Pack 2